That perfect all-round headlamp is always a cherished addition to a survivor’s kit or for precision jobs such as medical applications etc. The best headlamps would be the ones that would have a small size, should be versatile and should have respectable build quality. However, the problem with such headlamps is that they require a handful of batteries to operate.
Thus, in case you want to replace your old batteries with the new in the dark (trust me that happens!), it would prove to be quite an inconvenience. Unfortunately, in order to have a very bright output, the lamps must employ a couple of batteries at least. Once in a while, however, there comes a product that is as close to perfection as one can get. The Zebralight H52W is one such product. It has a very bright (300lumen) light output.
[table_bestpick tableid=”151″ ]
But what is really fascinating is that the headlamp is powered by a single AA battery. This is not all. The Zebralight H52W has a lot more features that will amaze you. First in line is the glow in the dark holder. This is a really thoughtful feature as headlamps are generally not lighted in bright surroundings. Their need generally arises in the dark.
Another great feature about this headlamp is that it is completely waterproof. Unlike other headlamps, like the Petzl Zipka, the Zebralight is extremely durable. It is also dim enough and very bright on the other end. It can also be used like a neck light. It can be rotated and the lamp can be pointed to any direction desired. It can also be detached from the band and can be used like a regular flashlight. A clip is also provided with this product for that purpose.
Some of the important features of this lamp have been listed below:
• Very bright CCT 6300K Cool White colored Cree XM-L2 LED for maximum brightness and optimum performance.
• 3 different selectable brightness levels: Medium, High, Low. Each of the three levels can be further programmed into two sub-levels. This ensures that energy is not wasted where it is not required.
• It has very high runtimes considering that it employs only a single AA battery producing such high-intensity light. In the high mode, it provides a run time of 0.9 hours in the highest setting to about 3 hours in the lowest setting. In medium mode, it provides a run time of 7.5 hours in the highest setting to about 27 hours in the lowest setting. And in the low mode, it provides a run of 4 days in the highest setting and greater than 3 months in the lowest setting. These are run times to boast about.
• It also has beacon strobe modes of 4Hz and 19Hz respectively.
• With a wide operating voltage range of 0.7V to 4.2V, it offers extreme value and practicality.
• It needs just a single AA battery having 1.5V or 3.7V Lithium-ion batteries.
• Comes with two beam types: 12-degree hotspot or 80-degree spill
• The headlamp is pretty small having a 0.86-inch head diameter and a length of 3 inches. It weighs just over 1 oz without batteries and headband. Including batteries and headband, it weighs just under 3o.z. It can be placed in the ultralight category.
• Equipped with a dedicated battery status indicator which shows real-time battery status and information.
• The brightness levels are current regulated and, therefore, it is very energy efficient.
• It is very intelligent and steps down output to lower value automatically when the battery is nearing its end. This technology at this price is simply unimaginable.
• Comes equipped with an electronic soft touch switch which makes it all the more easier to use it and the switch is very durable as well.
• The user interface is smart and very easy to use. You will be happy every time you use this product.
• The LED board is fitted directly to the aluminum chassis. It is bonded using proprietary heat sinking which leads to increased efficiency.
• IPX7 waterproof rated. This means it can be submerged under water to a depth of 2 meters for a period of 30 seconds. That is way more than any other headlamp in the market.
• The headlamp also features tempered optical grade glass which offers great usability and that much-needed solidness. It won’t ever feel flimsy on your hands; there will always be a solid feel all around it whenever you will use it.
The Zebralight H52W is definitely the brightest headlamp out there. It has a lot of thoughtful features like a single battery power system and glow in the dark holders etc. It also has current controlled brightness levels for very efficient battery use providing long run times. The headlamp has very compact dimensions and is very durable. It has an IPX7 grade waterproof certification which makes it a qualified survivor under water.
This headlamp is the perfect companion for the nocturnal adventurers. Although it has a maximum rating of 300 lumens, the medium setting at 116 lumens is more than enough for most applications. For reading applications, the low brightness mode is good enough. The beam length is an astonishing 66 meters. This is possible to the low scattering high-intensity beam produced.
There are a lot of headlamps in the market today. But in terms of features, efficiency, brightness, durability, compactness, comfort and reliability, the Zebralight H52W is a clear winner. Yes, you may consider headlamps that employ multiple batteries instead of a single AA battery for greater runtimes but the Zebra H52W provides an average of 1 week of runtime for medium brightness levels.
It is also very easy to use and, therefore, an easy choice. It is priced at $64 on Amazon and the price is pretty reasonable when you consider what you are being offered. This is definitely the brightest single AA headlamp out there.
Our Others Related Product Reviews to Check in below:
- Best Outdoor Solar Lanterns
- Best Star Projector for Christmas
- Best Personal Water Filter for Camping and Survival