Tired of typing on typical keyboards or feeling strained for fledging wrists every now and then? These are very common issues that can arise with prolong usage of generic keyboards and that is where ergonomic keyboards come into action. Such keyboards will be the last thing you will want in these situations. Ergonomic keyboards can be very convenient for prolonged usage.
These keyboards are designed keeping the human convenience and typing behaviour in mind and thus can provide comfortability to the human hand and at the same time are capable of reducing muscle strain and few other problems of the wrists and hence the term ergonomic. Ergonomic keyboards can have different structures and choosing the proper design to suit your convenience which is of prime importance. The followings are some of the best ergonomic keyboard that can be found in the market :
1. The Best Pick – Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Our Best Pick
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 is probably the best ergonomic keyboard out there. The ergonomic design of this keyboard is really thoughtful. Its design improves the overall comfortability of the human hand. The design of this keyboard contributes to the wellbeing of the arms, wrists and palms of any person. This is possible because of its bettered split design, such that allows the users to freely and comfortably move their arms and forearms without causing much exertion to the wrist.
In other words, it simply lets you use your keyboard without any strain or stress and provides a better, comfortable and efficient typing experience that you will not forget. Its key layout is curved which makes reaching to the important keys much easier. It also features a cushioned palm rest which acts as a support for your palm so you can type efficiently without any delay or lag. Another interesting feature of it includes a better number pad, which brings commonly used keys above the number pad, thus further enhancing the typing experience. Apart from its ergonomic design, the keyboard is equipped with many necessary features. The zoom slider is one of its key features and it comes really handy in browsing web pages, images and even important documents.
You can easily zoom in and zoom out to read even the slightest details in any doc. You are also getting a set of 5 customizable hotkeys that enable you to access files and folders with a touch of a button and being customizable you can choose the operations these keys can perform. Aside from its hotkeys, you are also getting a set of multimedia keys which helps you quickly access and control the media from the keyboard. The enticing features along with its remarkable ergonomic design make it completely user-friendly.
Boasting nice features and an incredible design, Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 has several pros.
- The keyboard is ergonomic, meaning it is designed for the betterment of the physical condition of the human arm and provides a much better typing capacity. One can easily achieve a more comfortable typing experience without any issue at all.
- Its improved split design of the keys makes it easier to type and reach to the next keys without any delay. Furthermore, a nice cushion pad is included to help support the wrist during rapid typing.
- The ergonomic design of this keyboard is its primary attraction. But it is also equipped with important features such as the multimedia keys, customizable hotkeys, a zoom slider and even a lockable F key.
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 does not have any major cons or lacunae. The followings apply for almost all the ergonomic keyboards available in the market.
- Ergonomic keyboards are quite expensive.
- Adjusting to such keyboard can take some time.
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 is a device that truly stands as one of the best ergonomic keyboards on the market. It’s innovative and improved design makes typing even easier and comfortable. Apart from its design, it is also studded with several features and thus is one of the best in the market.
2. The Runner Up – The Kinesis Freestyle2 Keyboard KB800PB-US
The Kinesis Freestyle2 Keyboard is another excellent choice for ergonomic keyboards. Its design is innovative and different. The unique design of this keyboard stands out as one of the best ergonomic designs available out there. The complete separation of the two partitions of the keyboard plays a large role in its ergonomic conception. The featured linking cable allows separation of the two partitions up to 9 inches.
The cool thing about this keyboard is that it can be adjusted to the body style of any individual from petite to large frame. Doing so allows a better typing efficiency and experience. Its sleek and stylish design does not only look unique and appealing to the eyes but also reduces strain in the wrists. Now you can type without slowing yourself down. The zero degree slope from the front to the back takes typing efficiency to a whole another level. It’s unparalleled and ergonomic design makes it one of the most comfortable keyboard in the market.
The Kinesis Freestyle2 Keyboard excels when it comes to innovative design. The design is what that makes this keyboard truly ergonomic. Being an ergonomic keyboard, it has the following pros.
- The keyboard has two partitions and both of these partitions can be separated from each other to suit one’s need and convenience. This makes typing easy and at the same time provides relaxation to the arms as the arms can be used more effectively to type out the words. A linking cable enables max separation of 9 inches.
- Its appealing and ergonomic look makes it more interesting but also provides a better experience in typing large information.
- The keyboard can also be adjusted to fit one’s need very easily and this makes it even better.
Despite being one of the best choices for ergonomic keyboard, it has few issues and they are as follows –
- This product is very expensive even when compared to similar types of product.
- Adjusting to such keyboard will always take some time.
- The arrangement of multimedia keys and convenience keys are not perfect and thus, will take more time to get a hang of it.
- The multimedia keys are not customizable, which means you cannot customize the keys to do your own thing as the keys already has predefined functions.
When it comes to ergonomic design the Kinesis Freestyle2 Keyboard is easily one of the best choices available in the market. Despite having few cons this keyboard surpasses most of its rivals in the department of human convenience and functionality and thus it is among the greatest ergonomic keyboards.
3. Also Good – Fellowes Microban Split Design Wired Keyboard
Ergonomic keyboards are made according to the human hand physiology and thus provide better comfort and lesser strain when typing continuously for hours. To take it one step further Fellowes brings you the Fellowes Microban Split Design Wired Keyboard. Easily being one of the best ergonomic keyboards on the market, this device boasts with various features and a remarkable design to enhance the typing quality of any person. Its design makes it very easy to use. You can type to your fullest without stress blocking your hand movement.
The ergonomic design helps you adjust your arms in a more natural way and because of this the hands, wrists and palms are always in a comfortable position, which makes typing easier and much better compared to simple keyboards. Its ergonomic design is its greatest feature. But apart from the design, the keyboard also consists of various options which enable the user to do multiple things from the keyboard itself. The set of 7 additional hot keys allows the user to control their media from the keyboard and the inclusion of one touch internet access button makes it even better. Keeping the hotkeys aside, the device also features a 16-character buffer for fast typists. Thanks to Fellowes Microban Split Design Wired Keyboard typing will never be the same.
Fellowes Microban Split Design Wired Keyboard is a great keyboard and is perfect for prolong use. Its built quality along with its convenient design and features makes it a very tough competitor in the market. It has the following pros.
- The keyboard is designed according to the convenience of the human hand. Its ergonomic design supports greater comfortability for the hand and minimizes the muscle strain. This, in turn, allows users to type in their own comfort and that too without any delay.
- Keeping its ergonomic design aside, the device also features 7 additional hotkeys that come very handy to use. You can control your media and gain access to the web browser with a touch of a button and thus eliminates any unnecessary wrist movements.
- Users can also type fast because of its exceptional design which allows users to reach all the keys within the hand’s comfort zone and the 16-character buffer only makes thing even better.
- The product also features an antimicrobial protection, which helps to keep the keyboard clean and safe.
- Cheaper than some of the other products in the market.
The followings are some of its cons.
- Being an ergonomic keyboard it is more expensive than a general keyboard.
- Adjusting to the keys can be difficult and may take some time to get used to it.
- The hotkeys are not customizable and, therefore, you cannot customize them to do your own thing.
Fellowes Microban Split Design Wired Keyboard is primarily an ergonomic keyboard. Its uniqueness relies on its design and built quality which provides better comfortability to the human hand. It lacks few features but that in no way lowers its merits. If you are looking for an ergonomic keyboard then Fellowes Microban Split Design Wired Keyboard is no doubt a very good choice.
4. Also Good – Logitech Wireless Ergonomic Mouse and Keyboard Combo
If you are not a fan of long wired keyboards then you will love this product without any doubt. Logitech MK710 Wireless Desktop Mouse and Keyboard Combo is a great choice for wireless ergonomic keyboard. The wireless mouse and keyboard allow users to move their devices without any confined limit. But above all, it is the feature list that truly makes it one of the best keyboard mouse combos in the market. The combo is equipped with several features.
Its incurred keys and cushioned palm rest allows you to use the keyboard without any hassle. Your typing experience will be completely redefined for the greater good. A single unifying receiver connects both devices to your computer and thus do not take much of your available ports. The high-performance laser mouse makes scrolling through information a cakewalk thanks to its hyper-fast scrolling speed. The combo is also very energy efficient in the sense that it does not require frequent battery changes.
Logitech MK710 Wireless Desktop Mouse and Keyboard Combo is equipped with various features and thus, it has several pros and they are as follows
- The keys of the keyboard are incurred which makes typing very comfortable and the inclusion of the cushioned palm rest enhances the quality of typing even further. Now you can type hour after hour without any issue to stop you.
- The keyboard also comes with a high-performance laser mouse which features a hyper-fast scroll wheel to scroll through documents and web pages effortlessly.
- A single unifying receiver connects both the devices to the computer with ease.
- Frequent battery changes are not required, as its battery life is very huge and thus make the combo very power efficient.
- It is also equipped with a battery level indicator.
- No wires to confine it within a limit.
Despite having several features the combo still comes with the following cons.
- The keyboard is not fully ergonomic. Although it does provide an increased typing comfortability for the arm, prolong usage can still be a problem.
- Being wireless the product runs on battery and thus occasional changes may be required depending upon the usage of the combo.
- The combo is quite expensive.
Logitech MK710 Wireless Desktop Mouse and Keyboard Combo is without any doubt one of the best wireless combo out there in the market. But when it comes to the appearance, the combo does not have much of an ergonomic design but is still capable of rivaling some of the best ergonomic keyboards out there. With several features and pros over few minor cons, this combo is a great product for daily use.
Related articles you can check on :
- Best Ergonomic Mouse Review in 2016
- Best Keyboard for Fast Typing Review in 2016